CFA is a fast-growing firm of accountants which offers a spectrum of services such as auditing and assurance, taxation, accounting, and business consulting around the globe and seeking to recruit a Senior Associate to join our Tax team in Larnaca.
Job title: Senior Tax Associate – Tax Advisory and Compliance Department
As a member of the rapidly expanding transfer pricing network, you will advise multinational companies on pricing cross-border transactions as well as assisting businesses which are based in Cyprus in respect of their transactions with related parties.
Main Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Performing benchmarking studies
- Preparing transfer pricing documentation such as Local Files and Master Files
- Research and preparation of technical materials
- Assisting in business development activities
In this role, the successful candidate will be expected to act as an individual contributor, delivering high quality work with guidance from senior team members.
Other key responsibilities of the position include:
- Provision of advisory and consultation services to clients on direct tax issues.
- Prepare and review tax memorandums for companies and individuals as assigned by the tax manager.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of personal and corporate income tax returns.
- Research tax laws and regulations to ensure compliance with current and future developments in local and international tax legislation/practice
- Participate in meetings with clients and assist the tax manager in the gathering of information and data.
- Complete tax assignments in a wide variety of industries.
- Work with other departments and business units within the organization to address tax-related matters.
- Prepare and/or assist with letters/reports/advanced tax rulings of opinion in relation to Taxation matters that will need to be submitted to the clients and/or to the Cyprus Tax Department.
- Assist in the execution of various business development initiatives (e.g. preparation of newsletters, proposals, and presentations)
- Stay up to date with all developments in the field of taxation.
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Tax Manager.
The successful candidate should have the following skills, education and experience:
Our firm offers:
- Undergraduate degree from a reputable University in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Law or related fields
- Holder of ADIT or similar professional qualification will be considered an advantage
- 3-4 years of related experience in an audit firm, tax practice or related role.
- Exposure in a transfer pricing role will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent computer literacy and strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent command of the English languages, both verbal and written.
- Team player attitude, a creative thinker and fast learner
- Detail oriented and conscientious approach
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package in accordance with qualifications and practicable experience.
- Bonus based on performance.
- Eight days of paid sick leave per year.
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Training events that will help both your personal and professional development.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV by referring to the subject the position you apply for, along with any covering letter to email@example.com.
Please note that due to the high volumes of applications received only shortlisted applicants will be responded to. All applications will be treated in full confidence